This course is formerly known as the "Metalworking Safety Orientation Course". The Apply WSH in Metalwork is a mandatory WSH training course for all workers working in the metal working industry. Metal working workers are required to go through this course before they start work at the factory. The Workplace Safety and Health (Factories, Safety Training Courses order – Clause 2 (9)) stipulates that “Any worker employed in manual labour to carry out work in a factory engaged in the manufacture of basic metals, fabricated metal products, machinery or equipment and electrical machinery and equipment must undergo a safety and health training course approved by the Commissioner for Workplace Safety and Health.”
The “Apply Safety and Health in Metal Work” is a mandatory WSH training course for all workers in metal working.
Assumed Skills & Knowledge:
- Learners must be above 18 years of age and are assumed to:
- Have employment status as manual labour to carry out work in a factory engaged in the manufacture of basic metals, fabricated metal products, machinery or equipment and electrical machinery and apparatus.
- Be medically fit.
- Able to listen, read, speak and write English at a proficiency level
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills (ES) level 2
- Have good organisational skills
- Be able to follow written and oral work instructions
This course is funded for English language only. This course is applicable for SkillsFuture Funding for English language only. If you are a Singaporean above 25 years of age, you can choose to use your SkillsFuture Credit to offset the payment for this course. Please go to www.skillsconnect.gov.sg or call Wong Fong Academy at 68633686 for more information.
Candidates who have completed and certified competent will receive a photo pass.