WSQ-OPERATE SCISSOR LIFT
WSQ-Operate Scissor Lift
Course Code: CRS-Q-0027235-MF (English)
Competency Standard code: MF-COM-106E-1
Funding Validity Period: 27 Aug 2012 - 30 Apr 2022
Course Duration: 9 hours, including 1 hour of assessment
Mode of Assessment: MCQ Written & Practical Assessment
The WSQ-Operate Scissor Lift is a 1 day course, comprises of both theory and practical components with an assessment done at the end of the day. Covering safety, legal and work related context, this course aims to bring awareness to scissor lift operators on the dangers of using these form of lifting platforms. This course is mandatory for personnel who wish to operate a scissor lift machine. This course is conducted in English, Mandarin, Tamil, Bengali, Thai and Burmese.
The WSQ - Operate Scissor Lift course is suitable for aspiring and experienced individuals assigned as Scissor Lift Operators in the workplace.
Assumed Skills & Knowledge:
- Learners must be above 18 years of age and are assumed to:
- Have a basic knowledge of the relevant sector of work
- Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills (ES) level 3 (Applies to English Courses ONLY)
- Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ES level 3 (Applies to English Courses ONLY)
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ES level 3; and
- Be medically fit to work at height
This course is applicable for SkillsFuture Funding. Please go to www.skillsconnect.gov.sg or call Wong Fong Academy at 68633686 for more information.
If you are a Singaporean aged 25 and above, you can choose to use your $500 SkillsFuture Credit to offset the payment for this course. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website www.skillsfuture.sg/credit to choose from the wide range of approved skills-related courses available on the SkillsFuture Credit course directory.
Candidates who have completed and certified competent will receive a photo pass and a Statement Of Attainment from SSG.